Wednesday, March 24, 2010

NIGHT ACTIVITY

Dinner was taco bake. It was totally delicious! Although, I am glad I am not in the boys dorms once the beans kick in. ORT REPORT: 3 lbs. YIKES! Are we ever going to get to zero?



After 30 minutes of rest, we headed to the gym to prepare for the night activity: RLU (Raised Leg Urination). STOP! Before you let your imagination run wild, the activity is all about wolf packs. Students became wolves, some alpha males and females. We headed out into the prairie where it was pitch black. We were required to find food but there was a threat of being attacked by other packs and even worse, getting shot by hunters. The group I started with was bravely lead by Ashley I. and Joey P. Don't be fooled by Joey's quiet nature at school; he was very vocal about which direction his pack should travel in. Unfortunately, he was shot along with his alpha female. The activity continued for a good 90 minutes. We concluded the evening in Shakespeare; learning the reality of the wolf populations and the lack of threat they truly pose to humans.



Then came my favorite part .... MILK & COOKIES, a story, and a slide show. Lights out tonight is 10:15 .... we're exhausted!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I found myself very excited to get up this morning to log on to the computer you see what you guys are up to today. I even print out the pages to save for the scrapbook. :)

    ReplyDelete